Operator Electrician – Hydroelectric Energy
Reporting to the Manager – Operations and Maintenance, Hydroelectric and Solar Energy, you will operate the safe and efficient maintenance of the Umbata Falls facility.
- Operate the hydroelectric power plant by way of conducting and documenting all regular monitoring and maintenance;
- Carry out all actions required to optimize the output and production of the power plant;
- Participate in the set-up and monitoring of a Preventative Maintenance program for the plant and facilities’ equipment, including the electrical and mechanical testing and repair of equipment;
- Read electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings;
- Carry out all necessary actions for the troubleshooting and resolution of alarms generated by the hydroelectric power plant to minimize downtime (availability 24 hours a day) when on duty;
- Manage and/or assist any specialized contractors needed to perform maintenance and repairs at the power plant;
- Participate in the daily work planning and operations activities;
- Operate and drive a loader when required during the daily operations;
- Assist in the management of overflow camp facilities for contractors and visitors;
- Adhere to and implement the Occupational Health and Safety standards at Innergex;
- Adhere to a variable work schedule and reside at the Innergex residence while at the facility.
Your skills, our requirements!
- Training completed as an electromechanical technician or in industrial mechanics;
- Experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices, an asset;
- Experience with hydro plant operations, an asset;
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- The schedule is 40 hours per week, 10 days on, 4 days off;
- On call 24/7 when on duty, however, not required to remain on site throughout the shift;
- Comfortable in spending time in the bush;
- Experience with heavy equipment, 4-wheel drives and snowmobiles;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing as well as a general appreciation for outdoors.
- Opportunity to contribute to building a better world;
- Competitive wages;
- Group benefits (medical/dental/extended health/RRSP/ESPP/PTO);
- Career development opportunities;
- Ongoing training;
- Dynamic work environment;
Innergex is an equal opportunity employer that values each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Innergex is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and bases all employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. The key to our success as a global company is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.