Home Support Worker
Internal / External Posting
6-month Contract Position with possibility of extension.
Hours of work will be based on client needs.
Posting Date: October 6, 2020
Closing Date: October 16, 2020 12:00 noon
Under the direction of the Home and Community Care Coordinator, you will be responsible to provide support and home making services to individuals and families of Biigtigong Nishnaabeg. You will work collaboratively with members of Biigtigong Mno-zhi-yaawgamig to meet the needs of community members so they can achieve independence and wellbeing. As part of the Accreditation process, client safety is a priority goal for all home care staff to ensure the safety needs are met for clients and self.
Key duties include:
- Ensure service delivery for Home & Community Care clients based on the service delivery care plan developed by client and the Home & Community Care Supervisor
- To perform light housekeeping, such as laundry duties and Environmental Cleaning in accordance with the Homemaker and Nursing Services Act, Ministry of Health Ontario guidelines and best practice Infection Control Standards.
- To follow current guidelines with Covid 19 for homecare.
- Ensure proper use of PPE during client care.
- To plan and prepare nutritious meals including special diets as required by the Service Care Delivery Plan
- To prioritize client needs on an on-going basis and inform supervisor on all changes.
- To provide friendly visiting to clients
- To attend scheduled training sessions
- To attend scheduled Home and Community Care meetings
- To perform other duties as directed/ required
- Work as a member of a team
- Observe and report changes in conditions to the Case Manager/Coordinator or RN
- Ensure a work life and physical environment that supports the safe delivery of care and service to clients.
- Submit weekly Reports of Service to the Staffing Assistant Personal Care and Assisted Living Services
- Electronic charting on Mustimuhw weekly
- To attend all training
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in home care
- Knowledge of health-related issues among Aboriginal peoples
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture and language
- Clear understanding of your roles and responsibilities of your designated position, policies and procedures that outline behaviors to promote client safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to relate and support all clients
- Ability to motivate self and workers in specific activities
- Ability to advocate for clients and families
- Ability to train new employees
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and be willing to seek assistance when required
- Punctuality and Reliable
A successful candidate must possess the following:
- First Aid and CPR Certificate;
- Clean Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable sector Check;
- A Valid Class “G” Driver’s License
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered & WILL automatically be screened out.
Please forward a cover letter, resume and three professional references by email to:
Joni Michano – Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator
P.O. Box 193
Heron Bay, Ontario P0T 1R0