Age Well In Home Program Assistant
Age Well In Home Program Assistant – Thunder Bay, Ontario
(1 Full Time Contract until October 2025)
Serving the First Nation Citizens of: Animbiigoo Zaagi’igan Anishinaabek, Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek, Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek, Kiashke Zaaging Anishinaabek, Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg, Pays Plat First Nation and Red Rock Indian Band.
You are sincere in your passion to assist in the development of a skilled Indigenous workforce, through the provision of individual and community-based employment and training initiatives. You have demonstrated experience in providing excellent client service skills and excel at embracing diversity while establishing rapport with clients.
Anishinabek Employment & Training Services provides education, training to employment programs and services to the on- and off-reserve members of nine participating First Nations. AETS operates in conjunction with the Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Agreement to support the Indigenous Skills and Employment Strategy between Service Canada and the Anishinabek.
Under the direction of the Programs Manager, the incumbent will provide operational support as well as be assigned specific responsibility related to the organizations’ vision, mission, values, and strategic plan that will serve the First Nation citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities. The role includes but not limited to, working with staff, volunteers, committees, stakeholders, and participants, to:
- Assist in the support of the project implementation of the Age Well In Home Program.
- Assist in the marketing strategies to effectively promote the requirements of the project preparation and community outreach, to secure interested and eligible participants
- Assist in interviews of candidates to determine needs and requirements
- Coordinate travel and accommodations as required
- Assist Program Coordinator with tracking, and prepare any correspondence.
- Maintain filing and documentation for all participants in the program
- Ensure database is up to date for each participant
- Provide related services for this project, communities and participants as required
- Perform other duties as directed
Qualifications: Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Business or Social Science related disciplines preferred. Experience in service delivery of labour market programs; or volunteer coordination or a combination of education & training with minimum of 3 years’ experience in labour market program delivery with Indigenous client’s and working with a client database. Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook; previous experience in working with First Nation
clients; Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and willingness for travel. A criminal record check is mandatory upon hire.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter including a salary range, resume and the names of three references via email@example.com to:
c/o Anishinabek Employment and Training Services
285 Red River Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 1A9
POSTION POSTED UNTIL FILLED.
First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are asked to identify the First Nation Community in the requested cover letter.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those interviewed will be notified