Business Development Manager – Mining
Internal/External Posting- FT Permanent
Posting Date: September 29, 2020
Closing Date: October 7, 2020 at 12:00noon
Our expanding Dbenjgan company is seeking to hire a Business Development Manager of mining to join our leadership team. The Business Development Manager will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation of Dbenjgan organization’s mining lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures, as they relate to our mining sector. The Business Development Manager will work under the direction of Biigtigong Dbenjgan CEO in ensuring the company and the First Nations have a prominent role in the existing and new mining ventures within our territory. The Business Development Manager will also be assisting our Human Resources department with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders in the mining industry.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations within and beyond the First Nations.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Assist the CEO in all venues as they relate to the existing and upcoming mining opportunities within the territory
- Other duties as assigned
- A combination of relevant education and experience in management, operations, and leadership within business opportunities.
- Awareness and understanding of Biigtigong traditional territory and knowledge of its practices for business development within the territory
- Solid understanding of financial and project management
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Proven understanding of the mining industry and area of service
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills
- Ability to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, and facts
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered & WILL automatically be screened out.
Please forward a cover letter, resume and three professional references by email to:
Pic River, Ontario
P.O. Box 211
Heron Bay, Ontario POT 1RO